Aussie Au Pair Services

Can I get health cover?

Can I get health cover?

Can I get health cover in Australia?

Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)


Australia has agreements with a limited amount of countries regarding medical care. Any medical care that Medicare covers is covered and care for illness or injury that can’t wait till you get home. More information on the link below:


Australia has medical care for visitors to Australia from

§  Belgium

§  Finland

§  Italy (Italian citizen)

§  Malta

§  Netherlands

§  New Zealand

§  Norway

§  Ireland

§  Slovenia

§  Sweden

§  United Kingdom


In order to make it easy for yourself to have Medicare you should apply for a Medicare card. This can be done at a service centre of Centrelink where you fill out a Medicare enrolment application form. You also need to take other supporting documents with you, for every country this is different and you can find it on the website.



Back to FAQs