Aussie Au Pair Services

Do I need a drivers license?

Do I need a drivers license?

What about driving in WA and Driving Licenses?

If you are required by your host family to drive a car whilst in Australia there are certain things to bear in mind.

§  Do you have sufficient driving experience?

§  Do you feel confident enough to drive in Australia, remember we drive on the left-hand side of the road?

§  Make sure you have agreed with your host family before-hand who will be bearing the costs in case of damage caused by an accident.

§  If you are a visitor to Western Australia (WA), you may drive only those vehicles that you are authorised to drive on your overseas licence, for as long as it remains valid in the country of issue.

§  If your overseas licence ceases to be valid, you must apply for a WA licence if you wish to continue driving

§  If your overseas licence is not in English, you must carry an international driving permit or an approved English translation of your licence with you when you drive.

For more information click on the link below:

Back to FAQs