Aussie Au Pair Services


What qualifications is an Au Pair required to have?

Au Pairs are not required to have any childcare qualifications. We make sure they have had previous experience looking after children but it is normally limited to babysitting, after school care or coaching, as they are straight out of school and using an Au Pair placement to gain experience for future employment. 

An Au Pair is not a Nanny (who will be qualified in childcare), they are a 'home help', and this is why you will only be paying them $200 a week for 30 hours work. If you were looking to find a more qualified girl, you would have to expect to pay them a lot more. We do require all of the Au Pairs to complete a Working With Children Check and to have, or are prepared to obtain, a first aid qualification. If this is a necessity for your family, we recommend that you help your Au Pair obtain a First Aid Qualification specialising in children. 

You can expect a motivated young woman or man with a genuine interest in children.

Back to FAQs